Saturday, 19 March 2016

Week Three - Preparation for Week Four 19.03.16

COLLECTING AND ANALYSING ARTIST MODELS

Ideate, Understand, Define


I really like the way the text is positioned
around the title in this layout. Also the
dramatic scale and assymetry.
I have been working in Indesign on my brochure layout, printing as I go. At the same time, I have been looking at how other designers have designed their brochures, and printing these as well. I have been collecting most of these on my pinterest ( https://www.pinterest.com/whoopeecush/vcd/ ), but here are a few I found particularly interesting and helpful.

I liked the design of this brochure, as I think the way that the
text is the same colour as the illustration is very effective.
I could use this in my brochure. I also though it was interesting
how large the pull-out quote is.




I really liked the layout of this brochure for the exhibitions and events of the City Gallery. The layout of the text makes it look very simple and readable, the headings are bold and the dates are in capitals, then the text is underneath an overrule. This is used consistently throughout the brochure, and the pastel colours are also consistent. It very clearly follows a grid and also includes a map which I can get inspiration off 


I also liked this brochure for Cupa Dupa. Again, it used consistent colours and is easy to read and follow. Looking at physical brochures also helps me to see how to make my brochure work as a 3D object, as apposed to just on a screen.