Tuesday, 8 March 2016

I have been experimenting with water-
colours and Japanese text

Week Two - Preparation for Class Four 09.03.16

CREATING VISUAL MATRIX

Making, Ideate


The last few days I have been working on creating a visual matrix for each of my locations, trying to use a range of symbols, icons, index, word lists and collages. I have found it challenging to be constantly coming up with new ideas of how to communicate my locations, but I think I have been making progress.

A visual matrix for TJ Katsu
A visual matrix for Wasabi
Sushi train
I have been using Pinterest to gather inspiration (https://www.pinterest.com/whoopeecush/vcd/), and I have talked to a few friends who can write in Japanese and they have shown me how to write words such as 'sushi', 'quick', 'cool' and 'classy', which I have been experimenting with.
Although I have made progress, I think I still have a long way to go in communicating what I want effectively. I hope that through critique in the next class and by continuing to research and experiment I will continue to improve my communication of ideas.