Week One - Preparation for Class Three 04.03.16
![]() |
| Workbook |
| Experimenting with scanning items |
EXPLORE AND EXPERIENCE
Ideate, Define, Understand, Making
I have spent some time at each of my locations, taking photos of and about them, as well as painting, sketching and collecting items. This is allowing me to see more clearly the similarities and differences between places, and I have been making a Ven-diagram to document these. I have also been experimenting with collage in my workbook, attempting to portray the personality and feeling of each place so that I can compare them more visually.
I have also been completing the 'point of view' sheet, which has been challenging and forcing me to think outside the box.
I have been considering sushi from the point of view of things I wouldn't have thought of before such as someone on a first date, a fussy eater, a vegan, a pregnant woman, Japan, a fish, a rice grower, the ocean, chopsticks, health freaks, a Western person, an artist, and so on.
![]() |
| My interpretation of sushi from the point of view of someone on a first date is awkward |
I have also been completing the 'point of view' sheet, which has been challenging and forcing me to think outside the box.
I have been considering sushi from the point of view of things I wouldn't have thought of before such as someone on a first date, a fussy eater, a vegan, a pregnant woman, Japan, a fish, a rice grower, the ocean, chopsticks, health freaks, a Western person, an artist, and so on.

