Wednesday, 23 March 2016

Week Four - Class Eight 23.03.16

CRITIQUE

Critique, Define, Ideate, Making, Understand



Today in the critique I identified a number of issues with my designs. Firstly my font was too large, so I changed it from 10pt to 9pt, and my bullet points to 8pt. I also gained a better understanding of paragraph styles and remembered how to soft return. I changed my baseline grid to 13pt instead of 12pt, made my information symbols smaller, instead of having a key I labelled them on each page, and I reduced the thickness of my rules. I need to change my front and back cover so that they speak to each other and work as a 3D object, and consider a better way I could handle the coloured columns because they look too different to the other pages. All these changes are for legibility and empathy for the reader. 

However, the main issue with my design is that my locations appear too similar, so I went back to my matrix. I have been changing the designs to more fit these adjectives. 

Sushi Bi - Basic, simple, cheap, quick, takeaway sushi, modest, humble, all ages

TJ Katsu - Trendy, cool, sit-down dining, decorative, stylish, energetic, young adults

Wasabi Sushi - Classy, sophisticated, expensive, sushi train, pretentious, flash, older target audience