Tuesday, 15 March 2016

Week Three - Preparation for Class Six 16.03.16

INTRODUCING TEXT - INITIAL VARIATIONS

Making, Ideate


The last few days I have been completing thumbnail sketches of potential text layouts. I then brought them into Indesign and played around some more with different ways of arranging text with my first destination and with the first spread. I found this challenging as it is difficult for me to tell what is working well and what isn't. Hopefully some critique and feedback in the next lesson will help. The first spread was particularly challenging as there was a lot of information and it was difficult to try and make it appear simple and organised. I know that layouts I have tried out are in the very early stages and there is a lot more I can try out, but I have made a start. 

I have been gathering inspiration from Japanese books and have been trying out vertical text to attempt to link my text to the Japanese style and explore how I can tie my pages together. Since I am in the early stages of exploring text I want to try and be as creative as I can and think outside the box. I have been experimenting with very large scale, cropping and negative space in attempt to link the style of my text to that of my illustrations.