Week One - Class Two 03.03.16
CRITIQUE AND RESEARCH
Critique, Define, Understand
Today we critiqued each others ideas. This pushed me to think differently about my idea.
When using 'time' as my filter, this directly affects type of people who eat there, the amount of money they have, and also the feeling of the place. My next step is to spend more time in my locations, using my senses to get a feel for each place and identify what makes them similar and what sets them apart.
Before next lesson I plan to have taken more photos, made some sketches and watercolours, collected some items such as chopsticks and packets, and I want to see what happens when I scan these items. I also want to begin experimenting with collage.
I have also begun to take a deeper look into the aesthetic characteristics and principles of Japanese design, as this could be a strong influence in my design as something that ties each location together.
![]() |
| Osawa Yu-dai demonstrates the strong use of bright, block colours in Japanese Design. |
![]() |
| Yosuke Nakanishi demonstrates the use of 'cute culture' in Japanese Design. |
![]() |
| Chikako Oguma demonstrates use of collage and layering in Japanese Design. |


