Week Six - Class Eleven - 18.04.16
FINAL CRITIQUE
Critique, Understand
Today's critique was really eye-opening for me. I re-considered my cover and realised that it was actually quite weak and did not sum up my brochure very well. Instead, it was suggested to me that I use what I thought was my strongest illustration from within my brochure. I have also changed my title to make it less cryptic. My cover now leads into my brochure better.
I also have changed my map spread so that the headings for my paragraphs are to the left, instead of to the right, making it easier read. I had to break my grid in order to do this, but I was told that it was okay in this situation. I also changed the colour of my map key to black to make it less overwhelming, which meant that I had to move them in order for them to correspond to their locations.
I changed the leading of my titles to make them less spread out, and improved the heirachy of my food and drink spread, as it was not clear which was the heading. I have also simplified this spread and removed the illustrations, as they are not necessary and do not help the viewer to read the information. I have also removed the lines in my second destination spread as they were also unnecessary.
This lesson has been about stripping it back and making sure everything that is on the brochure has a purpose.






