Monday, 4 April 2016

Easter Break - 04.04.16

COLLECTING AND ANALYSING BROCHURES AROUND WELLINGTON

Ideate, Understand, Define


 One brochure that I found particularly useful in terms of thinking about my own brochure, was the Wellington Autumn Events Guide. It was really effective and stood out amongst the other brochures because of its simple, outline cover with only black, white and yellow. This is a technique I could try and use to make my own cover less busy-looking, and this would also relate to the rest of my brochure as I have used outline throughout.






 Another thing I need to think about is how my brochure works as a 3D object. The cover and back-page need work alone, as well as as a spread. A brochure which demonstrated this really well is the brochure for the New Zealand Film Festival. The designer has thought really well about how the brochure looks folded as well as folded out, and so the whole process of unfolding the brochure is really well done and effective, at no point does it look incomplete.